March 1, 2019
Although the idea of kittens or puppies may seem exciting, there are many, many important benefits to spaying and neutering your pets. Your pet will be healthier and safer if you spay and neuter them. Here are 8 benefits to having your pet spayed or neutered from WebMD.
1. Your female pet will live a longer, healthier life: spaying helps prevent uterine infections and breast cancer, which is fatal in about 50 percent of dogs and 90 percent of cats. Spaying your pet before her first heat offers the best protection from these diseases.
2. Neutering provides major health benefits for your male: besides preventing unwanted litters, neutering your male companion prevents testicular cancer.
3. Your spayed female won’t go into heat: while cycles can vary, female felines usually go into heat four to five days every three weeks during breeding season. Female dogs have heat cycles every 6 months. Their cycle lasts around 3 weeks and can attract male dogs to your house.
4. Your male dog won’t want to roam away from home: an intact male will do just about anything to find a mate! That includes digging his way under the fence and making like Houdini to escape from the house. Once he’s free to roam, he risks injury in traffic and fights with other males.
5. Your neutered male will be much better behaved: neutered cats and dogs focus their attention on their human families. On the other hand, unneutered dogs and cats may mark their territory by spraying strong-smelling urine all over the house. Early neutering can avoid aggressive behaviors as well.
6. Spaying or neutering will NOT make your pet fat: Don’t use that old excuse! Lack of exercise and overfeeding will cause your pet to pack on the extra pounds-not neutering. Your pet will remain fit and trim as long as you continue to provide exercise and monitor food intake.
7. It is cost-effective: The cost of your pet’s spay/neuter surgery is a lot less than the cost of having and caring for a litter.
8. Spaying and neutering helps fight pet overpopulation: Every year, millions of cats and dogs of all ages and breeds are euthanized or suffer as strays. These high numbers are the result of unplanned litters that could have been prevented by spaying or neutering.
To help make you pets healthier and happier, we are offering a special in the month of March. All spays and neuters get a 10% discount or a free heartworm/tick test
May 6, 2019
Why Are we Ticked? They are Gross!!! They transmit diseases to you and your pet What diseases? Lyme Disease (It’s preventable) Major organ failure Arthritis-shifting leg lameness Ask us about the Lyme Vaccine at your next appointment Ehrlichia Fever, weight…
April 11, 2019
It takes just one bite from a mosquito infected with heartworm larvae to jeopardize your pet’s health and welfare. Heartworm disease is often debilitating and can be fatal if not treated
March 1, 2019
Although the idea of kittens or puppies may seem exciting, there are many, many important benefits to spaying and neutering your pets. Your pet will be healthier and safer if you spay and neuter them.